March 1, 2012
USB over Ethernet 2.6.6 released.
Bugfixes in this version:
- Fixed autosharing issues at system boot and on a working system.
- Fixed autoconnection issues after short network outages.
- Fixed autoconnection issues after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed callback connection issue on 64-bit systems.
- Fixed bug with "Cannot connect device. Remote server has refused connection because it's executable modules are damaged.".
- - Imaging devices on USB client now have an IP address of the computer where they were connected from attached to their name.
August 15, 2011
USB over Ethernet2.5.7 released. Added support for automatic Windows Firewall rules creation.
July 14, 2011
Advanced Virtual COM Port CE 1.0 released.
Today we are excited to announce a release of new product Advanced Virtual COM Port CE, which brings virtual serial ports to mobile and other devices running on Windows CE or Windows Mobile. This product is fully compatible with PC version.
April 26, 2011
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.5.4 released. Bug fixes in this version:
- Fixed inability to connect to the shared COM port in some cases.
- Fixed rare BSOD when closing the virtual serial port.
March 21, 2010
USB over Ethernet version 2.5.5 released. Bug fixes in this version:
- Fixed `Code 31` Device Manager error when connecting Pinnacle USB tuners.
- Fixed `Code 10` Device Manager error when connecting eHome Infrared Receiver in Windows 7 and 2008.
- Fixed `Code 10` Device Manager error in some rare cases with other devices.
- Fixed BSOD when sharing USB Electronic Card Reader.
- Fixed USB over Ethernet service error when resuming from sleep.
January 12, 2010
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.5 released. New in this version:
- Added support of Windows Vista and Windows 7 32- and 64-bit.
- Stability imprevements.
- Fixed crash when closing a virtual port.
October 22 , 2009
USB over Ethernet version 2.5 released. New in this version:
- Added Force Disconnect option for local devices. Read more...
- New command-line options: -forceconnect, -forcedisconnect. Read more...
- Fixed memory leaks in service.
- Fixed bug when devices did not autoconnect after reboot.
June 11, 2009
USB over Ethernet version 2.4.5 released. New in this version:
- Fixed "Code 10" error when connecting devices from Windows Server 2008 x64 and newer.
- Added warning when enabling auto-sharing mode.
- Other minor fixes.
April 2, 2009
USB over Ethernet version 2.4 released. New in this version:
- Improved support of audio devices on Vista.
- Fixed bug with sharing of a large number of devices on Vista.
- Fixed bug with 32-bit to 64-bit cross-platform communication.
- Fixed bug when connected device was preventing computer from going to sleep.
March 2, 2009
USB over Ethernet version 2.3 released. What's new in this version:
- Greatly improved support of high-speed video,audio streaming devices and web cameras.
- Fixed crash with some of high-speed high-bandwidth streaming devices.
- Improved support of devices with identical serial numbers.
- "Safe remove hardware" is now fully supported for flash drives. Device will automatically disconnect after safe removal.
- Configuration utility now shows client computer name instead of just an IP address.
- Fixed incorrect device naming in tray menu.
- Program settings are now preserved when upgrading to newer version.
January 9, 2009
USB over Ethernet version 2.2 released. New features in this version:
- Added support of Apple iPhone.
- Improved connectivity between 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Fixed bug with automatic startup of the configuration utility.
- Improved Vista support.
August 22, 2008
USB over Ethernet version 2.1 released. New features in this version:
- Added support of Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows Server 2008 64-bit operating systems.
- Added support of Blackberry devices.
June 28, 2008
KernelPro Sotware is proud to announce a release of USB over Ethernet version 2.0.
New features in this release:
- Command line support. You can now share, unshare, connect and disconnect your devices from command line. Read more...
- Forced device connection from server side. Now it is not necessary to have a physical access to client machine to connect a device. Read more...
- Improved support of web cameras, fingerprint readers and other devices.
- Fixed "Program initialization error" when starting the program right after bootup.
- Trial version now allows to connect two devices at the same time.
April 22, 2008
USB over Ethernet version 1.9 has been released. What's new in this release:
- U3 Cruzer Disk on Key devices are now fully supported.
- Improved support of hibernation and suspend. Devices now correctly disconnect.
- Fixed BSOD with Microsoft Lifecam cameras.
March 26, 2008
USB over Ethernet version 1.8 has been released.
Client now shows who is using the USB device. Fixed bug with service not starting in some cases.
March 5, 2008
KernelPro announces the release of USB Over Ethernet v.1.7.
- Added IP filters. Read more on this...
- Transfer speed increased up to 1.5x on bulk and isochronous devices.
- Enhanced support of USB hubs.
- Enhanced user interface. USB Over Ethernet can now be fully controlled with the keyboard.
- New devices support.
January 2, 2008
USB over Ethernet v.1.5.5 has been released. Added support of new multifunction and streaming devices.
December 12, 2007
USB over Ethernet v.1.5.3 has been released. Fixed bug with some web cameras. Minor user-interface fixes. Configuration not saving in some cases is now fixed.
USB over Ethernet v.1.5 has been released. New features include custom device naming, inactivity timeout and callback connection as well as user interface improvements and new devices support.
You can now easily distinguish between several similar devices with custom device naming feature. Read more on this...
Inactivity timeout is usefull when multiple users require an access to a single USB device (not at the same time). Read more on this...
Callback connection feature allows you to connect to shared USB devices located behind the NAT. Read more on this...
September 14, 2007
USB over Ethernet version 1.2 has been released.
Communication between 32-bit and 64-bit systems in now supported! Improved support of HID and streaming devices.
August 15, 2007
New product USB over Ethernet has been released! Simple solution for sharing and connecting USB devices over Network.
June 4, 2006
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.3.5 has been released. Improved broken conection detection. Performance drop in some cases when configuration utility was running is now fixed.
October 25, 2005
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.3.3 has been released.
September 12, 2005
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.3.2 has been released. Bug with connection to a shared physical port is now fixed.
July 6, 2005
Advanced Virtual COM Port goes 64-bit! New version 2.3 now supports Windows XP 64-bit Edition running on Athlon 64 processor. Moreover, network communications performance was greatly increased on hi-speed connections!
June 9, 2005
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.1.2 released. Bug with VMWare Workstation 5 not detecting virtual COM ports has been fixed.
May 18, 2005
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.1.1 has been released. Program crash on some machines with Windows XP is fixed.
May 16, 2005
FAQ has been added.
March 31, 2005
Advanced Virtual COM Port version 2.1 has been released. Minor bugs fixed, virtual ports performance increased.